This past Saturday we drove to the Chesapeake Bay and went to the North Beach. The Maryland coast is not like anywhere I've ever been. The woods go right up to the shoreline. As a result, I smelled a smell that I have never smelled before. The combination of fall leaves and the decay of the woods mixed with the smell of the ocean is amazing. I have a super sensitive nose. I think as a compensation for Tim's inability to smell anything. However, this smell was so unique and comforting that Grant even commented on it. The drive there was as beautiful as any drive I've ever taken. Every tree, not just some or most, but EVERY tree was a brilliant color of fall you can imagine. We saw every shade of orange, yellow and red. And the woods are so thick that you can't see any houses even though they are right behind the trees. After the drive, we have decided to go ahead and rent a house (4 bedroom, 3 bath on a half acre) there that has been offered to us. We won't move until after we get back from Christmas but I'm very excited about moving there.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Told you Maryland is one of the prettiest states we have ever been in. Keep us updated. We are back in Tx. mom
Post a Comment