Saturday, October 11, 2008

GPS

I had no idea! All those commercials for cars with built in GPS... I just thought, "Yeah, how stupid! So you go on vacation once a year and you almost NEVER drive, so that's a real big selling point". That was before... before I lived in DC. We bought our GPS today and suddenly we are FREE!!!! We can go anywhere and get back home! Sure the stupid woman's voice is a little irritating though I do find it very telling that it is a woman's voice. If it were a man's voice it would most likely be yelling curse words the whole time. Anyway, now that the town I live in is more than 20 blocks wide by 27 blocks long a GPS makes a lot more sense to me. Go Garmond Nuvi!!

Just one other big difference for the week. Never in ElDorado or neighboring communities did I have a female Israeli soldier selling perfume in a kiosk hit on my husband, "handsome American soldier man"!

3 comments:

yourmama said...

We love our gps and have named her Greta. You know me gotta name everything. Tell Tim that the gal with the perfume must have real bad eye sight otherwise she would be shooting a gun. Ha? Well we had the sale Sat and everything is gone including us, we moved over to Deer Grove on Sun and will be here until the 2or so of Nov.Take care of yourselves.loveya

Randi said...

lol!!! maybe dad shouldve played into it & got you some free perfume! hahaha!!!

and hush about your nuvi....its all i want for christmas!!!!!!!!!!

yourmama said...

just checking