Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Play Date
Yesterday Grant & I had our first play date with our laundry room friends. We met Sarah and Sophia in the laundry room of the extended stay last week. Sophia is a beautiful brown eyed little 4 year old and Grant and she hit it off right from the start. I don't know if it's because they are destined to be friends, Grant is sick and tired of me or it is the dog in Grant responding to her beauty (while eating lunch Sarah looked at Grant and said, "You are so beautiful". Grant said, "Thank you" then looked at Sophia and said, "you are so beautiful, too!"). Anyway, they are here TDY from Florida, originally from Philly. They moved out of the extended stay the day after we met. They invited us over for a play date and Grant was all about saying yes. From the moment we arrived until lunch time, I did not see Grant again except when he asked if he could remove his shoes (now you know he's comfortable!). Sarah is a Christian, is 40 years old with a 4 year old conceived via fertility treatments after having miscarriages (and believes that Sophia is a gift from God that shows the measure of His love and serves as a reminder of it everyday just like T & I feel about our little "Love Letter"), is a Mental Health Therapist that gave up her own practice to follow her husband and is a Palin fan/Obama hater! Not a bad start. Though I have no idea where this will end up, I am thankful that God took the time to tell both me and Sarah he is here, concerned about our needs and guiding each step to keeping us pointed in the right direction. We have another play date today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
woo! i think you found yourself a bestie! lol!
Post a Comment