Monday, October 20, 2008

Time!!!












And... Time! It only took me 2 and 1/2 days to move. That's 1 1/2 days more than it's ever taken me to move before. It seems having to go to the storage unit, sort through every single box deciding what I "need" and what I don't, taking it back to the apartment, unpacking, discovering I "need" something that I didn't grab and didn't need (quotation marks implied) some of the stuff I did, going back to the storage unit, sorting through each box again, finding the things I need and stuff I didn't know I needed, returning to the apartment, unpacking, discovering I didn't need some of the stuff I thought I did and didn't grab some of the stuff I did then going back to the storage unit... anyway, you get the picture. So, truth be told, I have the cab of the truck full of stuff I don't need and a list of things that are still in storage that I need, so I guess I can't say "time". And Tim's back would never say that not having any furniture to move makes moving easier. There is still plenty left to do, but it feels a little more like home at least. We are switching out the living room furniture (darker w/ a sofa bed) and getting a computer desk tomorrow. I still have to do some grocery shopping to do and I promised Grant a new kid bedspread, but we are well on our way.
RE: the pictures: Please note Grant in almost every picture. He reminds me so much of Ash!! In case you don't know, on the view of the City, right in the middle of the pic is the Pentagon. You can see the Washington Monument just right of center. You can also see the White House but not if you don't know where to look. Just to the right out of view of this picture is the Capitol building and to the left is Arlington Cemetary.






















2 comments:

Randi said...

ao when my brother becomes president of the united states he'll need to use that photo!!!!

you're right. i love it! AMAZING!

and the apartment is awesome. can't wait to come see you!!!! miss you so much!

Live,Laugh,Love!! said...

The apartment is gorgeous! I'm really glad that things are starting to feel more like home. I can't wait to come see you. I had almost forgotten how beautiful That part of the country is.

We love and miss you all very much!!